Interested in becoming a Master Gardener?
- Anyone with an interest in horticulture can apply for the Master Gardener program. To become a Master Gardener, a commitment to attend 60 hours of class time and complete 50 hours of volunteer time in the first year is required. The Extension Master Gardener course is held annually from March to May.
- Contact the New River Valley Master Gardener Coordinator for more information.
Already a Master Gardener?
- All Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Volunteers must re-enroll annually by filling out the Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Re-Enrollment form. There is no fee to re-enroll. Forms must be submitted to to the NRV Master Gardener Coordinator at the Montgomery County Extension Office.
- All Extension Master Gardener Volunteers must record Volunteer Service and Continuing Education hours on the Virginia Volunteer Management System website. All hours must be submitted online at https://virginia.volunteersystem.org/UniversalLogin.cfm
Interested in Joining the New River Valley Master Gardener Association (NRVMGA)?
- Join the NRVMGA by completing the 2017_NRVMGA Membership form
- Submit the completed form with $15.00 dues to New River Valley Master Gardener Association, Virginia Cooperative Extension-Montgomery County, 755 Roanoke St, Suite 1G, Christiansburg, VA 24073.
- Checks should be made out to NRVMGA